USS Fletcher DD-445 1962 History
U.S.S. FLETCHER DD-445
℅ Fleet Post Office
San Francisco, California
In reply refer to: DD445/5213/WRK:jhl, 5213, Ser: 545, 1 JAN 1963
From: Commanding Officer, U.S.S. FLETCHER (DD-445)
To: Chief of Naval Operations (OP-291SH)
Subj: Ship's History; annual revision to
Ref: (a) OPNAV INST 5750.7
1. Pursuant to reference (a) the following items of ship's history for 1962 are forwarded.
2. Commander Chester R. LANGER, USN, served as Commanding Officer during the entire period.
3. During the period 1 January to 1 July 1962 the FLETCHER conducted local operations in the Pearl Harbor area.
4. The FLETCHER departed Pearl Harbor on 2 July 1962 for employment in the SEVENTH Fleet as part of Task Group 70.4, Hunter-Killer Group. Task Group 70.4 consisted of the USS HORNET (CVS-12), DesDiv 251 and DesDiv 132, under the command of ComCarDiv 17.
5. After several months of SEVENTH Fleet operations and visits to various Japanese ports, Hong Kong and Subic Bay, the FLETCHER returned to its home port of Pearl Harbor on 17 December 1962.
/s/ C. R LANGER